This page is summary of the student financials collections process as delivered by PeopleSoft for Campus Solutions 8.9.
- Credit History. Credit history processes student accounts and ages students based on the number of days that have passed since the money they owe in their accounts were due. Credit history is the first step towards identifying any outstanding debt. Any money owed in student accounts are aged by the credit history process.
- Collections. The collections process identifies students that have aged to a certain number of days. These are students deemed to require debt collection and are recorded within the collections module. Students are sent debt collection or Dunning letters indicating the amount of money they owe and the steps towards paying off their debt. Collection letters are set up as templates and an intitution may decide the number of warning letters to send out for debts before initiating another processing such as debt collection with an external agency. The collections process starts the process of tracking which Dunning letters have been sent to students.
- Dunning Letters. The Dunning letters process creates the communication rows for each of the collection letter templates defined by the institution. It stores the status of each letter and the date/time on which the communication row was created.
- Letter Generation. Letter generation is a general process for creating letters. It checks for any unsent letters in the communications table and generates the data necessary to run a Microsoft Word mail merge with a letter template to create letters documents. The end result is the physical letter(s) sent to the student.
- Base Navigation: Student Financials -> Collections
- Setup Navigation: Set up SACR -> Product Related -> Student Financials -> Collections
- Credit History: Student Financials -> Collections -> Credit History
- Collections: Student Financials -> Collections -> Collection Effort
- Dunning Letters: Student Financials -> Collections -> Letter Generation
- Letter Generation: Student Financials -> Collections -> Letter Generation (or through campus community)
This section provides a short summary of some of the setup required as part of the collections process. These are available under the setup navigation (see navigations for collections above).
Reason In/Reason Out
These are indicators to describe why a student went into collections and why they were taken out of collections. For example, their debt was past due so they were put into collections but their outstanding balance has been subsequently paid and they no longer need to be in collections.
Follow Up Actions
Follow up actions are indicators to specify actions that have occurred during the collection effort.
An aging set is a group of aging categories that define the period of time between which debts age from one category to the next. Each category requires different actions. A category can be due in the future, due at the moment or past due which indicates a debt that requires collection.
Collection Letter Template
This is where the collection letters are defined against a collection template. It provides the linkage between Dunning Letters and letter codes configured as part of Communications Setup.
Service Indicator Sets
The credit history process can be used to apply service indicators on student accounts to indicate that they owe money. The service indicators applied are based on the aging category that the student has reached in credit history. The service indicators that are applied will depend on factors such as how long the student has been in debt (aging category) and how much money they owe.
- SFCREHST COBOL - Credit History
- SFCOLLEC SQR - Collections
- SFCOLLTR SQR - Dunning Letters
- CCLTRGEN SQR - Letter Generation
- PS_REASON_IN_TBL - Reason In table
- PS_REASON_OUT_TBL - Reason Out table
- PS_FOLLOWUP_TBL - Follow Up Action table
- PS_AGING_TBL - Aging set table
- PS_AGING_CAT_TBL - Aging category table
- PS_COLL_LTRTMP_TBL - Collection Letter Templates
- PS_COLL_LTRITM_TBL - Collection Letters by Collection Templates
- PS_SRVC_IND_SF_TBL - Service Indicator Sets
- PS_SRVC_IND_SF - Service Indicators linked to Aging Set/Category
- PS_SRVC_IND_SF_SEV - Service Indicator Sets severity
- PS_SRVC_IND_SF_C - Service Indicator Sets for Academic Careers
- PS_CREDIT_HISTORY - Credit History
- PS_COLLECTION_SF - Collections
- PS_COLL_LTR_ITEM - Dunning Letters
- PS_COMMUNICATION - Communications
- PS_VAR_DATA_SFCO - Communications variable data for SFCO admin function.